The world will face big climate and demographic changes, and we need to approach it with a strong focus on sustainability & energy efficiency. Reliability, availability and security of new and existing buildings and infrastructure, as well as data and information, are becoming increasingly important. More and more data is becoming available, from society, governments, companies, users, buildings and infrastructure. Inspection and survey tools are becoming more and more intelligent. The ICT tools and techniques are developing quickly and becoming more extensive, powerful and effective. Data exchange is increasingly automated. The ICT infrastructure is becoming more mature. The interpretation and analysis of data and the conversion of data into information is based on the combination of knowledge, human insight and digital techniques and tools. DEMO is fully involved in conducting high-quality research in this field.
DEMO has the following general competencies and carries out R&D activities:
- Prototype modelling, software development and implementation;
- BIM, GIS and Semantic Web software integration and configuration;
- Improvement of energy efficiency and energy calculation tools;
- Valuation and operating models for buildings and infrastructure;
- Assessment, research and monitoring of the state and energy performance of buildings and infrastructure;
- Portfolio and asset management tools and methods;
- Website development, knowledge management, training and dissemination;
- Project management & writing proposals.