Proposal writer / Researcher built environment
(Delft, the Netherlands)
DEMO Consultants performs applied research on ICT for the built environment to develop and enhance methods and tools for asset management of energy-efficient buildings, sustainable cultural heritage and resilient civil infrastructure.
The proposal writer is someone who is capable of contributing to multiple proposals at a time while adhering to proposal schedules and deadlines. In this role, you will actively initiate, lead and participate in research projects within the European (such as H2020 (incl. FTI), Life Program, Climate-KIC, InterReg) and national programs with the following relevant topics: BIM, GIS, Cloud computing, Crowd Sourcing, IoT, Sustainability within the built environment. You have proven skills and track record in proposal writing.
- Possession of proper network in order to initiate proposals in the topics of Energy Efficiency, ICT and Societal Challenges within the Built Environment.
- Proven skills in shaping the proposal from its concept to implementation.
- Proven management skills in terms of consortium forming, financing and proposal writing coordination activities.
- Capability of evaluating project opportunities according to the needs and business activities of DEMO.
- Interest of working in a multinational and multidisciplinary team and a dynamic project environment.
- Result-oriented and highly-efficient working attitude and awareness of business opportunities resulting from research.
- Effective verbal and written communication in English at business and scientific level.
- Dutch language proficiency or commitment to reach Dutch proficiency in short term.
DEMO Consultants is specialised in Real Estate Information Management. We have developed our own software solutions packed in the DEMO RE Suite. DEMO's core business comprises software development and implementation, strategic and technical consultancy, and applied research. DEMO professionals are experienced building engineers, asset management specialists, software developers and researchers.
Since its establishment in 1996, DEMO has actively participated in EU-funded research projects (from EU FP4 to Horizon 2020), Dutch research and innovation (such as Topsectoren-TKI at present and IFD-Bouwen in the past), and international training courses. DEMO has a proven track-record in initiating, coordinating and executing large-scale research projects.
DEMO works for public and private organisations in the Netherlands and abroad. It collaborates closely with numerous universities and renowned institutes (among others TNO, Delft and Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands; TU Berlin, Fraunhofer and KIT in Germany; CARTIF and Vigo in Spain, and CSTB in France) as well as with software, engineering and construction companies. DEMO's self-developed IFD Office is located at Delftechpark in Delft between other high-tech offices.
Why working at DEMO
- because we are innovative and practical at the same time.
- because we are resourceful, committed and inspiring.
- because we are unique, multidiscipline and multicultural.
- because we stimulate continuous growth, collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- because we encourage individual and team development through internal coaching, open discussions, trainings, international networking, and collective winter sports.
- because we have a broad range of projects, a dynamic organisational environment, and excellent working conditions.
Your application with a curriculum vitae and a cover letter should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions about the vacancy, please contact miss. Paula Etman (+31 15 750 2520). Acquisitions by recruitment agencies related to this vacancy are not appreciated.