Software Developer (BIM)
(Delft, The Netherlands)
- DEMO Consultants: innovative, international and inspiring.
- You: ambitious, creative, resourceful, professional, and engaged in cutting edge technologies, particularly Building Information Models (BIM).
DEMO excels in the implementation of novel methods and ICT technologies. It is a dynamic company, actively involved in various EU research consortia.
DEMO is specialised in Real Estate Information Management and it has developed innovative software solutions integrated in the DEMO Real Estate Suite that are used by professional customers. DEMO's core business contains software development and implementation to facilitate inspections and technical surveys, condition assessment, asset and portfolio management, risk analysis and much more for both buildings and civil infrastructure. In this software BIM plays an increasingly large role.
DEMO professionals are experienced software engineers, ICT experts, building engineers, asset management specialists and researchers. They collaborate both internally (with colleagues) and externally (with clients) on a daily basis to develop, maintain and enhance DEMO software solutions. The development and application of this software in practice with/based on BIM through consultancy/advice is a key aspect of this collaboration.
DEMO is located at the Delftechpark in Delft between other high-tech offices and in the vicinity of the Delft University of Technology and TNO campuses. Visit our website: www.demobv.nl
Software Business Unit
Driven by knowledge of global technological developments and years of experience, DEMO develops software to meet actual market needs in the Netherlands and abroad. DEMO develops its software in .NET C# / WPF / MVC / HTML5 in combination with MS SQL-server and IIS-server. DEMO develops stand-alone, client-server, web and hybrid applications in Visual studio and mobile apps for iOS/Android with Xamarin. The software solutions can be offered in various configurations, including on premise, hosting, SaaS and cloud.
BIM at DEMO
DEMO is a strong advocate of the concept and usage of BIM. Within the BIM-landscape we have made a conscious decision to focus on open BIM-standards, IFC being the most prominent. This takes shape in our own IFC-viewers for both desktop and mobile platforms, our membership of BuildingSmart Benelux and our active role in BIM-initiatives such as the BIM Basis ILS (IDM). Furthermore, BIM features in the vast majority of the EU-projects we are involved in.
Required qualifications of the candidate
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in software development.
- Knowledge of and experience with C # and .NET framework.
- Just like BIM, an intrinsically collaborative mind-set
- Experience with and knowledge of the concept and structure BIM, with an emphasis on IFC
- Knowledge of relational (MS SQL) and non-relational databases.
- Excellent understanding of both the technical and functional characteristics of software products, particularly in the areas of scalability, performance, usability and quality.
- Effective communication skills in English, both verbal and written. For foreign applicants, commitment to learn Dutch is essential; candidates with (basic) Dutch language skills are preferred.
Your application accompanied by a curriculum vitae should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. For further questions about the vacancy, please contact Ms. Paula Etman (+31 15 7502520).
Seven reasons to work at DEMO:
- We are both innovative and practical.
- We are engaged, professional, resourceful and inspiring.
- We are unique, multidisciplinary and multicultural.
- We stimulate continuous growth, collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- We encourage individual and team development through internal coaching, open discussions, trainings, and international networking.
- We have a broad range of projects, a dynamic organisation and excellent working conditions.
- Perhaps most importantly: we are a tightly knit group of people whose binding is based on more than just work.