Senior Researcher and Project Manager in ICT for the Built Environment
(Delft, the Netherlands)
DEMO Consultants performs applied research on ICT for the built environment to develop and enhance methods and tools for asset management of energy-efficient buildings, sustainable cultural heritage and resilient civil infrastructure. As a senior researcher you will develop innovative solutions, take leadership in collaborative research projects, and bring innovation to practice by creating market opportunities and providing consultancy to public and private clients.
Right from the start you will actively initiate, lead and participate in European and national research projects within the EU Horizon 2020 and NL TKI programmes. You have proven skills and a successful track record in proposal writing and project execution. Next to research activities, you will contribute to consultancy on software development and implementation.
- MSc or PhD degree in a research field related to ICT for the built environment.
- 5 to 10 years of experience as lead investigator or project manager in applied / industrial research after academic graduation.
- Technical knowledge of BIM, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, Building Automation and Control Systems.
- Insight in software development process.
- Proven skills in multi-project and simultaneous research, consultancy and project management.
- Interest of working in a multinational and multidisciplinary team and a dynamic project environment.
- Result-oriented and highly-efficient working attitude and awareness of business opportunities resulting from research.
- Effective verbal and written communication in English at business and scientific level with an ability to write research proposals, project reports and scientific articles; give business presentations; and lead technical discussions.
- Dutch language proficiency or commitment to reach Dutch proficiency in short term.
DEMO Consultants is specialised in Real Estate Information Management. We have developed our own software solutions packed in the DEMO RE Suite. DEMO’s core business comprises software development and implementation, strategic and technical consultancy, and applied research. DEMO professionals are experienced building engineers, asset management specialists, software developers and researchers.
Since its establishment in 1996, DEMO has actively participated in EU-funded research projects (from EU FP4 to Horizon 2020), Dutch research and innovation (such as Topsectoren-TKI at present and IFD-Bouwen in the past), and international training courses. DEMO has a proven track-record in initiating, coordinating and executing large-scale research projects.
DEMO works for public and private organisations in the Netherlands and abroad. It collaborates closely with numerous universities and renowned institutes (TNO and Delft University in the Netherlands, Fraunhofer and KIT in Germany, CARTIF in Spain, and CSTB in France) as well as with software, engineering and construction companies. DEMO’s self-developed IFD Office is located at Delftechpark in Delft between other high-tech offices.
Why working at DEMO
- Because we are both innovative and practical.
- Because we are resourceful, committed and inspiring.
- Because we are unique, multidiscipline and multicultural.
- Because we stimulate continuous growth, collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Because we encourage individual and team development through internal coaching, open discussions, trainings, international networking, and collective winter sports.
- Because we have a broad range of projects, a dynamic organisational environment, and excellent working conditions
Your application with a curriculum vitae and a cover letter should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions about the vacancy, please contact miss. Paula Etman (+31 15 750 2520). Acquisitions by recruitment agencies related to this vacancy are not appreciated.